Pages

Monday 3 September 2012

Review: The Fifty Shades Trilogy by E L James






Title: The Fifty Shades Trilogy
Author: E L James
Series: #1, #2, #3 Fifty Shades
Publication Date: 2011







Warning: I only recommend this book for readers age 18 and over.

My Synopsis: 
Ana meets Mr Grey and instantly is attracted to him, but can she keep up with him in the bedroom?

Why I picked this book up:
It didn’t interest me at first, but there was so much talk about it, I had to read it just to keep up with conversations.

Did it live up to my expectations?
I didn’t have high expectations to start with, although did have some expectations about how bad it was, so yes it lived up to them in some ways, not in others.
 
What I thought:
Well my first impression was how badly it was written, then how unrealisitic the characters were, but something kept me reading the first book, I couldn’t stop reading, but couldn’t say why either. The second book also seemed ok, but by the third I was struggling to finish and really didn’t want to keep picking it up. I found the emails quite funny and enjoyed that aspect of it, maybe more of these should be included.  I was expecting the sex scenes to be full of acts and objects that I hadn’t heard of (or least used in sex) but this also wasn’t as bad as I expected.
I reviewed the trilogy as a whole because I couldn’t think of different things to say for each book, they were all quite similar.
Overall I feel the trilogy wasn’t worth reading and I wouldn’t have picked it up if it wasn’t for all the talk about it.

My favourite quote/s from the book: 
“Don’t get your panties in such a twist… and give me back mine.”

If this book were a song it would be:
A cheesy pop song that annoys you when you hear it, but you find yourself singing along until it is stuck in your head all day.

If this book were a food it would be:
Fast food, you know it’s no good for you and most of the time disappoints in taste, but you can’t help yourself having one every now and then anyway.

How it stood as part of a series:
This would have been better condensed as one book with alot of rubbish taken out.

Read if: 
You don’t care how badly books are written.

Up next for review: 
Interrupted: Life Beyond Words by Rachel Coker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...