Pages

Thursday 27 September 2012

Review: The Icarus Project by Laura Quimby







Title: The Icarus Project
Author: Laura Quimby
Series: n/a
Publication Date:1st October 2012












My Synopsis:
When Maya goes on a dig with her father, they find something instead of the mammoth they were expecting.

Why I picked this book up:
It was on Netgalley and the title is what drew me in.

Did it live up to my expectations?
It was pretty much what I expected, so yes.

What I thought:
This book was a bit slow going to start with, but once I got into it, I enjoyed it. This book is actually aimed at younger readers, I would say between 10 and 12, so I was quite surprised to find it entertained me as well. There were a few too many characters for my liking and at times I found it hard to keep up with who was who, but I really liked Maya’s character. I don’t want to say too much about the story so I don’t give anything away, but there is quite a bit of mystery going on which was interesting and certainly kept the story going.
Overall I enjoyed this book, and am glad I read it, although I do feel certain parts could have been explained better, and less characters.

My favourite quote/s from the book:
“even the moonlight felt damp on her skin, as if she had been bathing in moonlight.”

Read if:
Having not read anything really like this, I can’t make any recommendations.

Up next for review:
Boy Who Made It Rain by Brian Conaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...